Terms and Conditions for the “Escape Game Card” website and card.
1. The website’s goal is to promote and sell the international escape room discount card “Escape Game Card” – Henceforth – “The Card”.
2. The seller of the card is “www.escapegamecard.com” and anyone appointed by the owners of this website – Henceforth – “The Website”.
3. A user who completes the ordering and payment process will be referred to as “The Buyer”.
4. A business which appears in the business list will be referred to as “Business”.
5. A card which has been paid for in the last 12 months and is physically held by the buyer will be referred to as “Valid”.
6. The website will hold a list of card numbers, personal information and expiry dates. The website will allow room owners to check the validity of a card.
7. A card owner who has a valid card ID number corresponding to their name will be referred to as “Card Owner”.
8. The website will hold a database of escape game businesses which will be referred to as “The Business List”.
9. The website reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
10. In the event that any changes are made to these terms and conditions, the revised terms and conditions will be posted on the website immediately.
Purchasing a Card
11. By purchasing a card, the buyer confirms to having read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
12. To purchase a card, the user needs to complete the whole ordering and payment process. By doing this, they also agree to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
13. After completing the purchase and after the website approves the payment, an email message will be sent containing the details of the card owner and the card’s ID number.
14. This email message can be used as a temporary card for a period of 1 month.
15. During a period of 1 month from the purchase, a physical card will be sent by mail to the buyer. The card dons the card holder’s name and is personal.
16. The card is valid for a period of 1 year from payment.
17. After a card expires, the buyer can purchase a new card.
18. In any event of the physical card not being received by the buyer during the 1 month period, the buyer should contact the website’s support using the “Contact” page.
19. The website is not responsible for card loss or theft.
Listing a Business
20. To be included in the business list, a business needs to complete the sign up process. By doing this, they also agree to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
21. The website reserves the right to remove a business from the business list without notice.
22. A business must honour the discount they have agreed to issue in accordance with these terms and conditions and any additional terms stipulated in the business list.
23. A business must contact the website if they want to amend or remove their listing.
23. The discount will be valid for all members of the card holder’s team, unless otherwise stated in the business list.
24. The card holder must be a participating member of the team.
25. The discount details and any additional terms will be detailed in the business list.
26. The buyer must acknowledge that the business list can change and update without notice.
27. A card holder must check with the business before booking to make sure the business accepts the card and the discount.
28. The business will use the website to check the card is valid and will check the card is physically possessed by the customer.
29. When discount is not automated in the online booking process, the business will honour the discount by issuing a rebate upon arrival.
30. When a team has more than one card holder, no addition discount will be given for the other card holders.
31. The website is not responsible for the quality of the business and its provided services, nor for the amount of entertainment the card holder received from the business.
32. The card cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, unless the business has agreed otherwise.
33. A user who completes the purchase process is agreeing to receive informational emails detailing new businesses added to the list, changes to the terms and conditions, changes to the discount details and\or any other issue relating to escape games in general, plus commercial information and advertisements – whether it is information published by the website itself or third parties. If the buyer wants to unsubscribe, they can do so at any time by contacting the website.
34. The website is entitled to use any details provided by buyers who completed the purchase process for commercial uses and\or for statistical analysis for the website’s use and\or as a part of data transferred to third parties as long as this information does not identify the user by name or identification details.
35. The website takes proper information security measures. However, the website cannot secure information perfectly from forbidden use by third parties. Therefore, the website does not take responsibility, direct or indirect, if user information is uncovered or used resulting by forbidden use or as a result of actions not controlled by the website.
36. This user agreement and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. The only jurisdiction about its validity, interpretation and breaking of this user agreement is held by by the Courts of England and Wales only.